At least one in six employees in Scotland will experience a common mental health problem. This includes issues such as anxiety or depression. Poor mental health is the number one reason for staff absence.
Employee wellbeing and mental health should be a priority for all employers, especially as the most common reason for staff absence is poor mental health. SAMH can deliver expert training to your staff and managers to help you build a mentally healthy workplace. SAMH training sessions can meet a variety of your needs:
- Raise awareness and understanding of mental health issues (e.g. anxiety, stress) in your workforce
- Add value to your existing staff learning and development programme, through a wide range of activities
- Help you to promote a positive and healthy workplace, including contributing to any Healthy Working Lives activities
- Equip your managers with mental health information and tools to support their staff teams
- Increase the knowledge, confidence and skills of your front line staff in relation to mental health, especially those who deal with the public every day.
SAMH can provide a range of courses including Mental Health Awareness and Managing Mental Health @ Work. There are contact details on this page to get in touch and find out more about booking into the training.