Showing publicly that you’re committed to improving workplace mental health can be a really powerful step to take as an employer. Community has produced this simple charter that it encourages all organisations to sign, declaring their intention to:
- tackle stigma on mental health in the workplace;
- challenge discrimination in the workplace;
- promote equality of opportunity in recruitment and selection;
- encourage mental health wellbeing;
- raise awareness of local mental health support services.
For organisations who are interested in signing the charter, Community will work with you to produce a customised version and organise a signing event. But even before you get to that stage (or perhaps if you already have), this charter is a very quick summary of the key principles any organisation should be working from.