The Mental Health at Work Commitment
The Mental Health at Work Commitment is a simple framework that that any organisation can follow to improve and support the mental health of their people. It builds on therecommendations and pulls from pledges and standards that are already out there, using up-to-date research from employers and mental health experts.
The Commitment is a set of six key actions that any organisation can follow to improve and support the mental health of their people:
- Prioritise mental health in the workplace by developing and delivering a systematic programme of activity
- Proactively ensure work design and organisational culture drive positive mental health outcomes
- Promote an open culture around mental health
- Increase organisational confidence and capability
- Provide mental health tools and support
- Increase transparency and accountability through internal and external reporting
To get started with the Commitment, you simply fill in your details on the form, and the page of signatories. Then, read the information and suggestions on the six standards and what they involve.will be in touch to ask for your organisation’s logo to add to
There’s no checking or assessment from Mind or others; the Commitment is simply your organisation making a public pledge to take these actions to support your workforce, and a set of information pages and resources to get you started.
The Mental Health at Work Commitment is the first of its kind, bringing together the actions we know make a material difference on employee mental health, into one clear set of standards which UK employers like Lloyds Banking Group can follow.
Group Responsible Business, Sustainability & Inclusion Director,
Lloyds Banking Group