The Ambulance Staff Charity’s mental health resources
Even during the COVID-19 crisis, ambulance staff must deal with traumatic situations every day. The Ambulance Staff Charity have collated a number of resources to support your mental health during this time.
Ambulance staff must deal with traumatic situations every day and alongside life’s usual stresses. This can take a real toll on your mental health, especially since you’re also dealing with the added pressure of working during a pandemic. The Ambulance Staff Charity have a number of resources that you might find useful.
These resources include access to a qualified counselor, general mental health support, specialist support focused on PTSD and trauma. There is also a dedicated coronavirus support pack, which features information on:
- finding the right work-life balance,
- managing anxiety and panic attacks,
- supporting someone struggling with their mental health,
- health and wellbeing support for ambulance staff and volunteers,
- guidance for managers on psychosocial support and mental wellbeing of ambulance personnel in a pandemic crisis, and
- evidence-based tools to support the wellbeing of frontline staff.
To find these resources from the front page, hover your pointer over the ‘get help’ tab at the top and click ‘mental health’. From there, you can choose which service would suit you best.