Promoting positive mental health in the workplace
Promoting positive mental health can be hugely beneficial: increasing staff engagement, wellbeing and productivity but also protecting against mental health problems. This article gives an introduction and includes detailed step-by-step guidance.
Promoting positive mental health in your workplace has all sorts of advantages, from reducing the high costs of recruitment, absence and lost production to reducing the severity and number of mental health problems. Plus, staff with good mental health are more likely to feel engaged in their work.
This introduction from Acas gives an overview of the subject, including
- Understanding mental health
- The importance of making a commitment to improve mental health at work
- Taking steps to improve the workplace
- Educating the workplace about mental health
- Where to go for further support
You can also download a detailed step-by-step guide filled with Acas recommendations and tips on best practice.