The Green Ribbon Campaign
The Green Ribbon Campaign is part of This is Me, a mental health initiative that aims to change attitudes towards mental health in the workplace and support organisations to create healthier and more inclusive workplace cultures. They do this by providing employers with the tools they need to:
- raise awareness through The Green Ribbon Campaign;
- build employees’ skills through ;
- end stigma and open up the conversation through .
The Green Ribbon Campaign works to #endthestigma around mental health through raising awareness. It does this by encouraging organisations to invite their employees to wear a green ribbon for significant dates in the diary such as Mental Health Awareness Week and World Mental Health Day. This helps to destigmatise mental health by:
- creating a visible movement of support for ending the stigma;
- chowing those struggling that there is support and they are not alone;
- demonstrating the level of support for this issue in your organisation;
- encouraging people to share their story and to create an inclusive workplace culture.
Each year, hundreds of thousands of employees wear the ribbons, and 100% of their organisations recommend the campaign. It’s a simple tool that can reach a lot of people. This website tells you more about the campaign, with real life examples and successes—and you can order a supply of green ribbons for your own organisation too.