Free helpline for parents and carers
Understanding your rights as a parent can help you to feel less stressed about the way you are treated at work. Working Families is a charity that can help you to gets to grips with employment rights and in-work benefits.
Working Families can advise on a range of topics affecting parents and carers at work. Some common examples are:
- Pregnancy and maternity rights,
- Discrimination as a parent/carer,
- Adoption, paternity and shared parental leave,
- Flexible working and imposed change,
- Emergency and parental leave,
- In-work benefits and tax credits, and
- Free childcare and help with childcare costs
The telephone helpline is open Monday to Friday, 11am-2pm (except on bank holidays). It costs the same as a national call.
0300 012 0312
The telephone helpline is suitable for parents, carers and their advisers.