Community’s mental health charter
A public pledge can be a useful way of showing that mental health is important to your organisation. By signing this charter, an employer commits to addressing stigma and discrimination and promoting wellbeing and equality.
Showing publicly that you’re committed to improving workplace mental health can be a really powerful step to take as an employer. Community has produced this simple charter that it encourages all organisations to sign, declaring their intention to:
- tackle stigma on mental health in the workplace;
- challenge discrimination in the workplace;
- promote equality of opportunity in recruitment and selection;
- encourage mental health wellbeing;
- raise awareness of local mental health support services.
For organisations who are interested in signing the charter, Community will work with you to produce a customised version and organise a signing event. But even before you get to that stage (or perhaps if you already have), this charter is a very quick summary of the key principles any organisation should be working from.