This is part of a suite of eight interconnected toolkits, produced by Business in the Community and Public Health England, to help every organisation support the mental and physical health and wellbeing of its employees. Each addresses a different aspect of workplace wellbeing, with a common thread of mental health running through them all. They’re freely available and designed to be relevant to employers across all sectors.
The full suite consists of:
- Mental health toolkit for employers
- Reducing the risk of suicide: a toolkit for employers
- Crisis management in the event of a suicide: a postvention toolkit for employers”
- Sleep and recovery: a toolkit for employers
- Physical activity, healthy eating and healthier weight: a toolkit for employers
- Drugs, alcohol and tobacco: a toolkit for employers
- Musculoskeletal health in the workplace: a toolkit for employers
- Domestic abuse: a toolkit for employers
This toolkit, supported by The Samaritans, is designed to support senior leadership, line managers, HR and occupational health and safety professionals to identify a member of staff who may have suicidal feelings. It gives practical advice on how to deal with a crisis situation as well as embedding suicide prevention strategies in your organisation’s policies and ways of working. It’s divided into sections on different topics with built-in navigation and links between them, so you can follow it step by step or go straight to the sections you want to know more about.
You can also download a self-assessment toolkit, in Excel spreadsheet format, to gauge your organisation’s progress in implementing the measures recommended across several of the Business in the Community / Public Health England toolkits.